The AI-powered chatbot ChatGPT, created by OpenAI, was recently integrated by Microsoft with its Bing search engine. The goal is to improve the search experience by offering more conversational, human-like answers. So what are we waiting for? I’ll show you how to sign up for Bing ChatGPT and everything you need to know about it.
ChatGPT has taken over the world with its advanced and futuristic capabilities. And why should Microsoft leave Bing behind, since everyone is in the market?
What is the new Bing ChatGPT?
Microsoft recently announced new and improved features of its Bing search engine, designed to improve the user experience and provide better results for both simple and complex searches. Microsoft’s ChatGPT integration with Bing allows users to have a conversation with a chatbot, allowing them to do more than just search for information. It can help with daily planning, writing social media posts, and more. This new feature will appear on the right side of search results, making it easier for users to interact with Bing.
How to sign up for Bing ChatGPT?
Before you begin the sign-up process, please note that Microsoft Bing ChatGPT is currently undergoing final testing. So we have to wait in a queue until we get full access to the new Bing ChatGPT. Follow the steps below to sign up for Bing ChatGPT and join the waitlist to get faster access to the new Bing.
- Open the Microsoft Edge browser and go to The New Bing.
- Click the ‘Sign in’ button in the top right corner and enter your Microsoft account information. If you do not have an account yet, you must create one before you can log in.
- Tap the ‘Join the waitlist’ button.
- Once you have logged in, you will receive a notification that says: “Great! You are on the waiting list.”
- Click the blue ‘Access the new Bing’ button faster to try to speed up the process.
After you complete these steps, you will receive an email confirming your waitlist status. Microsoft will notify you as soon as the new Bing is available.
How to use Microsoft Bing ChatGPT?
- You can access this by going to www.bing.com and clicking on the ‘Chat’ icon in the top right. This will open the chat window.
- Ask questions in natural language, just like you would ask a person. For example: “What is the capital of France?” or “How do I make lasagna?”
- The chatbot will try to provide useful answers, explanations or instructions in colloquial language.
- You can ask follow-up questions to clarify or obtain more information. Consider it a conversation.
- If the answer is incorrect or not helpful, you can click the thumbs down button to provide feedback to improve the responses.
- Keep questions clear and distinct. Avoid very broad or vague questions.
- For best results, ask about one topic at a time, rather than multiple questions at once.
- The chatbot has limited knowledge, so very obscure, opinion-based, or sensitive topics may not yield good results. Stick to factual questions for now.
- Please note that it is an AI system, so it may occasionally give strange or incorrect responses. It helps to check facts from other sources if necessary.
- Have fun trying it out! The possibilities are still evolving, so see what it can and can’t do. Provide feedback to help improve it.
Features and capabilities of Bing ChatGPT:
In addition to the new features, Microsoft has also updated its Edge browser, with AI capabilities and new functionalities.
Better search results
Bing’s new search experience offers more relevant results for simple things like sports scores, stock quotes, and weather, along with a new sidebar that shows more detailed answers if you want them. This means you can get the information you need without having to scroll through multiple results.
Bing reviews results from across the Internet to find and summarize the answer you’re looking for. This means you can get detailed instructions on how to replace eggs with another ingredient in a cake you’re currently baking, without having to go through multiple pages.
New chat experience
For more complex searches, the new Bing offers a new, interactive chat experience. This chat allows you to refine your search until you get the full answer you’re looking for by asking for more details, clarity and ideas – with links available so you can take immediate action on your decisions. This is especially useful when planning a detailed itinerary or researching which TV to buy.
A creative spark
The new Bing can generate the content to help you when you need more than just an answer: you need inspiration. It can help you write an email, create a five-day itinerary for a dream vacation to Hawaii, with links to book your travel and accommodations, prepare for a job interview, or create a trivia quiz -evening. The new Bing also cites all its sources, so you can see links to the web content it references.
New Microsoft Edge experience
Microsoft has updated the Edge browser with new AI capabilities and a new look, and added two new features: Chat and Compose. The Edge Sidebar lets you ask for a summary of a long financial report to get the key points – and then use the chat function to ask for a comparison with a rival company’s financials and automatically tabulate them places. You can also ask Edge to help you put together content, such as a LinkedIn post, by providing a few prompts to get you started. Then you can ask it for help updating the tone, format, and length of the message. Edge can understand what webpage you are on and adjust accordingly.
How can you get on the waiting list faster?
You can try these two steps below to access the Bing ChatGPT faster. While these aren’t necessary, they will help you move up the waitlist and get early access to the new Bing.
- Set Microsoft default settings on your PC By setting Microsoft default settings on your PC, you can use more Microsoft services, including Bing. This is a smart way for Microsoft to promote its services and get you to use them more often.
- Scan the QR code to install the Microsoft Bing app. If you haven’t installed the app yet, scanning the QR code on the waitlist page will take you to the download link. This will give you faster access to Bing and help you move up on the waiting list.
As Microsoft continues to invest in OpenAI, its integration with Bing is expected to revolutionize the search engine landscape. By integrating a chatbot, users can experience more human-like conversations with Bing, making it easier to access information and complete daily tasks. To be among the first to try this new feature, sign up for the waitlist and use Microsoft’s two methods to move up the ranks faster.
🌟 Do you have burning questions about Bing ChatGPT? Do you need some extra help with AI tools or something else?
💡 Feel free to send an email to Arva Rangwala, our expert at OpenAIMaster. Send your questions to email@example.com and Arva will be happy to help you!
Published on February 15, 2023. Updated on October 13, 2023.