Samsung has officially announced its Android 14-based custom skin, One UI 6, which brings several AI improvements in addition to Android features. This year, Google and Apple integrated major AI improvements into their ecosystems with their latest Pixel 8 series and iPhone 15 series. These companies use a dedicated AI SoC for AI performance.
These features should also come to other eligible Samsung Galaxy smartphones. These improvements are intended to minimize the number of steps required to perform the most commonly used actions, thereby improving the user experience.
One UI 6 introduces revolutionary AI features.
These are the latest features, powered by the company’s own AI. Check out these features in Samsung’s Android 14-based custom skin, One UI 6.
Samsung Galaxy Enhance-X app
It offers many features added to the Galaxy Enhance-X app from the Galaxy Store.
- Sky Guide: This helps users capture a starry sky and aids in image analysis. The Enhance-X app also has an option to check details of constellations, stars, galaxies, nebulae and clusters.
- Clean Lens: This feature ensures that you can easily remove imperfections by removing blur effects such as fingerprints from your camera lens.
- Long Exposure: Users can use this tool for scene analysis and can also use the Enhance-X app to apply the long exposure effect, further optimizing short videos (60s or less).
- Single Take: This feature was already available in the stock app, but now the Enhanced-X app includes AI analysis for videos and can be used to create the best photos and clips instantly. You can use this feature to capture an image so that you don’t immediately regret missed opportunities.
You can download the company’s AI-powered photo and video editing app to get the optimal image.
Samsung AI image cutting
This feature was introduced with One UI 5.1 but has now received major upgrades to cut an object from any photo.
Users can directly cut an object from a photo to save it as a sticker, which allows users to further add it to other photos and videos according to their preferences. Here’s how to use AI image cutting; Check out the instructions below.
- Open the image from which you want to cut an object.
- Long press (tap and hold) the object in the image and a pop-up menu will appear.
- Tap the Copy/Share/Cut or Save as sticker or image options.
- If you save the image as a sticker, you can use that sticker just like any other sticker in your social media app.
- That is it; so you can cut the image accordingly.
You already have the document scanning option, but now the document scanning has been further upgraded with AI, which brings new capabilities to improve the document scanning.
- Users can capture and save documents with or without Scene Optimizer.
- When you point the camera at the documents, a pop-up will automatically appear on the Auto Scan Edit screen.
- Then you can edit it with options such as rotate, align and save.
Document scanning automatically removes fingers from the frame and other obstacles, allowing users to create more professional document pages. Moreover, you can remove the bulldog clips showing the target scanned documents.
Personalized settings for the Camera app
The Camera Stock app has added new settings for personalized photo taking options.
- High resolution quick settings: If you’re using Photo or Pro mode, you have the option for the Resolution button, which now appears in the Quick Settings on the top bar of the Camera UI/UX. Just open the High Resolution option to enter the mode in the camera app and start capturing the high resolution image. In addition, you also have the option to switch the camera to high-resolution recording and capture 200 MP images.
- Custom camera widgets: In addition to the high-resolution quick settings, there is an additional shortcut to access the camera. To instantly capture an image, you can also use camera widgets, which you can add to your home screen from the home screen widgets menu. After that, tap on the camera widget that opens and immediately capture the image in portrait or night selfie.
To further help users organize, view, and take photos, edit the image to best suit their preferences and personalization.
- Photo Editor Layout: The Tools menu has been further reorganized for easier accessibility. It is now aligned vertically and horizontally to fit the screen better. It is said to better suit the options and perspective features of the editing options.
- Undo and redo buttons: History is further saved for editing and review. With this option, users don’t have to worry about permanent changes you’ve made.
One UI 6 rollout begins
Samsung is pushing the One UI 6 Update to many eligible devices including Galaxy S23 series, S22 series, S21 series, Z Fold5, Z Flip5, Z Fold4, Z Flip4, Z Fold3, Z Flip3, A54, A53 , A34, A33, M54, M53, M34 and M33 devices. These devices are about to be rolled out, with many more to come, as Samsung’s update policy suggests. Before we close this article, we would like to mention that some features remain exclusive to the Galaxy S23 Ultra. On the other hand, the rollout and features may vary by region and device model.
The company already has an industry-leading 200MP camera sensor, which is optimized for low-light night mode and space zoom via artificial intelligence. Early next year, Samsung will further optimize the One UI 6 with the One UI 6.1, which is expected to be released with the Galaxy S24 Series on January 18.